Dear Mountain View Families,
We wish to extend the warmest welcome to each of you for the 2023-2024 school year! Whether this is your first year at Mountain View Elementary, or you are a long-standing member of the MVES family, we are so glad that you are here. Your PTA is looking forward to another amazing year full of family programs and activities to make our students' elementary experience a memorable one.
We strive to have a very active PTA, that partners between the administration, teachers, families, and communities to make Mountain View a great place for our children. But, we need your help to accomplish this. The simplest way to help is by joining the PTA. Your membership helps us to provide resources such as:
- Online Curriculum Platforms: Raz Kids (reading) and MobyMax (Math)
- Curriculum Subscriptions: Storyworks Magazines
- Additional Supplies for the Health Clinic, Cafeteria, and Building
- Art, Music, and Learning Commons and Physical Education Supplies
- Author Visits and BookBreak Virtual Author Talks
- Enrichment Materials for Special Education, Target, Speech, and Guidance
- Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Classroom Recycling Program
- Professional Development for Teachers
- Support for School Initiatives
- Sponsoring the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl
- Student Agendas for 4th-5th grade students
- Community and Student Outreach Programs
- Fresh Fruit Fridays
- Family Engagement Activities: BBQ & Bingo, Fall Festival, Winter Dance, Crafts & Cocoa, STEM & Skittles, Popsicles on the Playground, and Gingerbread Hunt
- Diversity and Inclusion Activities: International Showcase
- Art Education Enrichment Programs: Art Shows and Reflections
- Annual Yearbook
- Spirit Wear
- Classroom Celebrations and Room Representatives
- Senior Walk
- Family Tours of MVES
- Kindergarten Orientation
- Literacy and Learning Commons Support: Book Fairs and Visiting Authors
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
The mission of the PTA is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. In order for our PTA to be effective and represent our entire student body, participation of our parents is truly essential. We welcome all members of the Mountain View community to help us make a difference in our students’ lives. Your voice is important! Please attend our general PTA meetings and let your voice be heard. Our general PTA meetings are held:
- Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 5:30 pm in the MVES Cafe (before the BBQ and Bingo Family Fun Event)
- Friday, January 19, 2024 at 5:30 pm in the MVES Cafe (before the Crafts and Cocoa Family Fun Event)
- Friday, March 22, 2024 at 5:30 pm in the MVES Cafe (before the STEM & Skittles Family Fun Event)
The PTA is run entirely by volunteers. Many of us (including both co-presidents) are working parents. We love any assistance from our families and appreciate your valuable time. If you would like to volunteer, please do not hesitate to contact us. We have a wide range of opportunities, and we would love to find the perfect fit for you!
We thank you in advance for your continued support! We have many exciting things planned for the year ahead. We wish you a successful school year and look forward to seeing you on Friday, July 28th at 7:15 am for Mountain View's Sneak-a-Peek!
Please feel free to reach out to us with any ideas, questions, or concerns.
Nichole Engle and Stephanie Gardner
Mountain View Elementary School