Mountain View Elementary School PTA:
Click HERE for your member benefits and discounts
To create a team of volunteers who innovate, develop, communicate and implement traditional programs and new ideas for the benefit of our school community.
- To Focus On People: The PTA will emphasize that all teachers, administrators, students, families and staff are valuable assets with diverse and important talents to offer.
- To Support Our Pursuit Of STEM Certification: The PTA will help fund and provide enrichment tools, supplies and technology for our students, teachers and staff.
- TO Encourage Participation: The PTA will promote parent and community involvement, which we believe is critical to the success of our students.
The tremendous success of the Mountain View PTA is due to the outstanding support and participation of our membership. Whether you choose to volunteer time in your child's classroom, help at the fall festival, or serve as chair of a PTA committee, your child and others will benefit from your involvement and engagement with our school community.
We welcome you to join in the journey!
Find your member benefits and discounts HERE
- To Promote the wWelfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To Raise the standards of home life;
- To Advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth;
- To Promote the Collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
- To Engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
- To Advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
Georgia PTA Values:
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
To learn more about the history and advocacy of PTA, watch the video: PTA Advocacy: A Legacy in Leadership.
Find your member benefits and discounts HERE
National PTA Purpose:
The PTA is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in America. Today’s PTA is comprised of more than 4 million parents, teachers, grandparents, caregivers, foster parents and other caring adults who share a commitment to improving the education, health, and safety of all children. We speak with one voice for every child.
Today, the issues that affect our children extend beyond their individual schools. The PTA’s nationwide network provides parents with the forum and tools to collectively influence the decisions that affect children not only at their schools, but also throughout their districts, within their states, and across the nation. This mission is unique to the PTA.
Many of the benefits our children receive today, such as universal kindergarten, the National School Lunch Program, and a juvenile justice system, were accomplished as a result of the PTA mission.
National PTA Mission:
PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
The PTA Advantage:
- Dozens of national programs, experts, and turnkey resources
- Regular updates and advice in the form of e-newsletters, PTA.org, Our Children magazine, and a robust Back-to-School kit of resources
- Leadership development through webinars and e-learning courses
- Millions of dollars in grants to help build PTA capacity and skills
- Prestigious national awards
- Cost savings from national retailers and other PTA partners
- Invitations to PTA conventions as well as our conferences for emerging minority leaders, male mentors, and advocates
- Support services and staff to help establish and manage your PTA